Let My Community Help You Pay for College!
My Community Credit Union (MCCU) is pleased to offer six $2,500 scholarships to student members. This scholarship is open to high school seniors, current college students, and members who want to further their education. Please download the attached application and return it to one of our branches or mail to My Community Credit Union, 600 W. Louisiana, Midland, TX 79701, ATTN: Stephanie Ramirez. DEADLINE - April 14, 2023.
- Scholarship applicant (not applicant's parent) must be a MCCU member with a checking and/or savings account prior to applying.
- Applicant's account must be in good standing.
- Applicant be enrolled as a full-time student as defined by students’ college or university.
- Applicant must submit all required attachments with application; incomplete applications will not be eligible.
- Awards must be used for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Applications must be postmarked by April 14, 2023 in order to be considered
- Scholarship recipients must maintain their membership with My Community Credit Union throughout award period.
In addition to eligibility guidelines, the following will be considered in selecting recipients.
- Academic Performance — Academic performance and honors (On a 4.0 scale, a GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended), class rank, and ACT/SAT test scores (a minimum SAT score of 800 and/or a minimum ACT score of 19 is highly recommended).
- Activities — Community and school activities, involvement, leadership positions, and awards/recognition
- Recommendations & Transcripts
- Essay — On assigned topic
- Financial Need – Why the Crossroads Scholarship would be a financial benefit to the student
Click here to download the application