Let My Community Help You Pay for College!
Every year, My Community awards six $2500 scholarships to deserving members who have demonstrated academic achievement and desire to pursue higher education. It is our honor to help our members achieve their education goals. Please download the attached application and return it to one of our My Community branches or mail to 600 W. Louisiana, Midland, TX 79701, ATTN: Betty Overton. DEADLINE - March 2
- Membership must be in good standing with My Community Credit Union
- Earn a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours per semester or enrolled as a full-time student (as defined by the student’s college, university or technical/trade school). Scholarship recipients must attend an accredited college, university, community college, or technical/trade school.
- Awards must be used for the 2018-2019 school years.
- Applications must be postmarked by March 2, 2018 in order to be considered.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain their membership with My Community throughout the award period.
Awards will be based on academic achievement, writing assessments, recommendations, and transcripts, as well as the student’s potential, character, leadership and financial need. On a 4.0 scale, a GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended. Additionally, a minimum SAT score of 800 and/or a minimum ACT score of 19 is highly recommended. Applications will be judged by the Scholarship Committee appointed by MCCU. Six (or more) selected students will be awarded $2,500 scholarships.
Click here for the application